Tuesday, July 27

Let's recap....

Not that anybody really cares, but I'll recap on what I've been doing the past year. I'm still working at Barstow Community Hospital ER as a nurse, and I actually love it. My co workers are as badass as they make 'em. A gal could get pretty depressed here in the desert if she didn't have a solid gang to run with. Lucky for me, mine is the best ;)
It's your typical bunch of patients you would expect in Barstow, always sure to keep you entertained during a long days work. Speaking of days, I switched to nights. I really like working nights mostly because management is gone and the pay is better. Our AC in the ER doesn't really work either, so the nights are much cooler during the summertime. I'm constantly torn about whether I should stay in California or move back to Utah; safe to say my coworkers are a big part of why I'm still here. Guess I won't be moving until they all jump ship and abandon Barstow. Honestly, I just can't say enough wonderful things about my work family.

I'm still living in Apple Valley with my mom. I know I drive her crazy most the time, but we manage to have fun too. My current neice/nephew count is growing:4 nephews, 1 niece and another niece on the way. I see my Dad on my regular trips up to SLC and we explore the great outdoors.

I've been on four vacations in the last two months, did I mention everyone should be a nurse? I've managed to take all those vacations and not use an actual vacation day from work ;) This summer has given me the chance to really enjoy where I'm at in my life. I'm so grateful for the loves that make my heart happy. In the following posts I'll attempt to share those loves with you...